Analytica Laboratories provides a full range of IANZ accredited asbestos testing from laboratories in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
Our testing is fast and affordable, with results you can trust.
- Bulk sample analysis – presence or absence of asbestos in samples of building materials, demolition debris, and other samples suspected to contain asbestos.
- Complies with AS4964 (2004) “Method for the Qualitative Identification of Asbestos in Bulk Samples”.
- Air monitoring analysis – counting of airborne fibres collected on a membrane filter when monitoring air quality.
- Complies with NOHSC:3003 (2005) “Guidance Note on the Membrane Filter Method for Estimating Airborne Asbestos Fibres - 2nd Edition”
- Soil analysis (BRANZ) – quantification of asbestos in contaminated soil as per NZ guidelines published in 2017.
- Complies with the BRANZ published “NZ Guidelines for Assessing and Managing Asbestos in Soil” (2017).
- Soil analysis (WA) - quantification of asbestos in contaminated soil as per Western Australian Guidelines
- Complies with “Guidelines for the Assessment, Remediation and Management of Asbestos-Contaminated Sites in Western Australia (2009)”.
Analytica Laboratories does not provide sampling services. We have provided some information on sample collection on our Sample Collection page.
Please note that asbestos is potentially harmful if not handled correctly, and care needs to be taken when working with materials that are suspected to contain asbestos. We strongly recommend that sampling is undertaken by experienced and qualified people.
The Background & History page provides some background to asbestos in NZ, and access to some key technical resources that contain more detail.